This has been taken from the Quirky Cooking blog by Jo Whitton. It is such an amazing recipe that I just have to share this. To gain the most nutritionally from this dish I recommend you making your own chicken stock to add to it. It is written specifically for Thermomix however you could easily adapt it to make it on the stove top.
1. Chop in TMX for 5 seconds speed 7, until finely chopped:
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 large clove garlic
- some fresh coriander or cilantro (to taste)
- a few fresh chives or shallots
- a piece of fresh red chilli (to taste)
2. Add, and cook for 10 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1, or until starting to boil:
- 1000g home-made chicken broth
3. Add remaining ingredients, and cook 10 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1:
- 1 tin coconut cream or milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp Rapadura
- a few good splashes of fish sauce
- sea salt to taste
4. Add in the 200-300g cooked chicken reserved from making the broth. Cook for another 2 minutes at 100C, reverse speed soft. Then add in the extra minced herbs, garlic, ginger, etc if using.
5. Pour into bowls, and garnish with fresh cilantro or shallots.
Recipes to tempt your taste buds!